As the leading power supplier with 20 years of experience in Silicon Carbide (SiC) technology development, Infineon provides a portfolio that addresses the need for smarter, more efficient energy generation, transmission and consumption.
The portfolio addresses customers’ needs for reduced system size and cost in mid- to high-power systems, while meeting the highest quality standards, long system lifetime and providing guaranteed reliability. With CoolSiC™, customers will reach the most stringent efficiency targets while seeing a drop in operational system cost.
The portfolio is comprised of CoolSiC™ Schottky diodes, CoolSiC™ hybrid models, CoolSiC™ MOSFET modules and discretes, plus EiceDRIVER™ gate driver ICs for driving Silicon Carbide devices.
Which Gate Drivers are Recommended for Driving a Silicon Carbide MOSFET?
To achieve maximum system benefits when using SiC MOSFETs, it is advisable to complement them with Infineon’s EiceDRIVER™ gate-driver ICs to fully leverage the advantage of SiC technology. By doing so, customers will achieve improved efficiency, space and weight savings, part count reduction and enhanced system reliability.
Customers may choose between different EiceDRIVER™ gate-driver types including:
- Single-channel high-side compact gate driver
- Single- and dual output enhanced driver with short-circuit protection
- Slew-rate control high-side driver for toughest requirementsrameters:
Infineon’s SiC MOSFET drivers impress with the following parameters:
- Availability in wide-body package with 7.6mm creepage distance
- Suitability for operation at high ambient temperature
- Active Miller clamp
- Short-circuit clamping and active shutdown
- ≥ 100kV/μs CMTI (1EDU20I12SV: ≥ 50kV/μs CMTI)
- Precision short-circuit protection (via DESAT)
- 12V/11V typical UVLO thresholds