1. Tell us about your career at Rutronik/Rutronik24?
I joined the external sales force at Rutronik24 as a career changer in June 2017 and I am responsible for the beautiful area around my hometown of Stuttgart, parts of the Swabian Jura, and the greater Heilbronn region. Together with my colleagues in the back office, I am the contact person for all aspects related to electronic components.
2. What do you most enjoy about your job?
I especially like the variety, dealing with many different people on a daily basis, the diverse customer structure, and the opportunity to work on interesting projects. The challenge lies in satisfying everybody’s interests and needs and finding a solution that is focused on the customer.
3. “If I won a million euros on the lotto, I would …”
… not do too many things differently. I would realize one particular dream by going on a long safari in Africa. I would then travel around the world, because there are lots of beautiful places that I haven’t seen yet.
4. When you approach a difficult task – what helps you to think?
Fresh air and nature help me to think. Weather and time permitting, I embark on a cycling tour, otherwise I go for a walk.
5. Where do you prefer to go on vacation and why?
I prefer to spend my vacation in the mountains, both in summer for walking and climbing and in winter for skiing. I especially like the combination of relaxation and sports activities.
6. Which book did you last read and what was it about?
I recently read The Greater Miracle by Thomas Glavinic. The protagonist Jonas describes his expedition to the summit of Mount Everest. He constantly recalls childhood events during the demanding ascent and descent. It is a wonderful book.
7. What food/confectionery are you unable to resist?
Sautéed Maultaschen (a traditional Swabian dish similar to ravioli) with potato salad.
8. What is your favorite pastime?
I like to get active in many different ways during my free time. I prefer to be in the great outdoors, but I also enjoy visiting and discovering cities, playing sport, or eating out with friends.
9. What couldn’t you do without in your life?