1. How do you describe your job at Rutronik24 to friends?
We look after customers in the electronic manufacturing industry and sell components. My job is to respond to the needs of my customers in the back office by handling inquiries, preparing quotes, and processing orders via e-mail, fax, or online. Together with my two field sales colleagues, we wish to assist our customers with their projects, requests, and inquiries.
2. Tell us about your career at Rutronik/Rutronik24?
I completed my apprenticeship in 1980 at one of the most renowned law firms in Pforzheim. I started working at Rutronik on a part-time basis in March 1990, when my son was still small, helping my colleagues in the sales department and assisting my then office manager with his tasks. Since 2010, I have been working with a fantastic team in my current department, looking after two sales regions in the Hannover and Gütersloh area.
3. What is the most challenging aspect of your daily job and what do you like most about the work?
The biggest challenge is working through the inquiries and tasks as quickly as possible in order to keep the customers satisfied. The most enjoyable aspects of my job are the contact with customers and the tasks that change on a daily basis. No two days are ever the same and that’s what makes the job so interesting!
4. ‘If I won a million euros on the lottery, I would …”
… buy a second home in southern Europe and give some of my winnings to my son Christian.
5. When you contemplate a difficult task, what helps you to think?
Music and relaxation help me to take stock of my situation. This gives me the strength and energy to confront difficult tasks.
6. What is your favorite vacation destination and why?
I prefer to follow the sun and head toward southern Europe. The sea and sand are great for simply chilling out. My husband has Italian roots and that is why we always like to head south where it’s nice and warm, whenever possible!
7. Which famous person, living or dead, would you like to meet and why?
Audrey Hepburn! She was among the leading female film stars of the fifties and sixties and one of the few artists to have won all four of the major awards in the entertainment industry – Oscar, Emmy, Tony, and Grammy. She was a Goodwill Ambassador for Unicef in her later years. I love watching her films!
8. What food are you unable to resist?
A very well-made vitello tonnato!
9. What was you dream job as a child?
I wanted to be a car mechanic, like my older brother.