The integrated battery charger is designed to charge lithium-ion and lithium-polymer batteries to a selectable termination voltage of 4.1 or 4.2 V and supports cell chemistries with a nominal voltage of 3.6 or 3.7 V respectively. The unit features thermal battery protection and automatic selection of three charging modes: automatic trickle charge, constant current and constant voltage.
The maximum charging current is selectable via a resistor from 20 mA up to 400 mA. The charger also has a discharge current limiter and is JEITA compliant.
The high-efficiency step-down regulator can deliver up to 150 mA of current at a selectable output voltage of 1.8, 2.1, 2.7 or 3.0 V. It features soft start and automatic transition between hysteresis and PWM modes. It also enables a forced PWM mode to ensure clean operation.
Uncomplicated start-up with suitable evaluation kit
The nPM1100 Evaluation Kit makes an uncomplicated evaluation of the nPM1100 PMIC and its functions possible - developers do not need their own test hardware.
Further key features of the nPM1100:
- Low quiescent current, 700 nA typical, 470 nA in ship mode (deactivates the current output)
- 150 mA current limit
- Thermal protection of the battery
- Selectable termination voltage (4.1 V or 4.2 V)
- USB-compatible input regulator
- Current limit of 100 mA or 500 mA
- 4.1 V min. to 6.6 V max. input voltage
- 20 V overvoltage protection
- 3.5 V to 5.0 V system voltage output
- USB port detection for SDP, CDP and DCP
- Driver for charging and error indication LEDs
Heike Kubisch, Product Manager Wireless
+49 7231 801 1482 | heike.kubisch(at)rutronik.com