As more and more sensors require transmission rates that BUS systems can no longer guarantee, the need for a more powerful and streamlined infrastructure increases significantly. In addition, existing Ethernet infrastructures are not economically implemented for most field applications. Here, the focus is on cables, connectors, and device components. With SPE connectors from Amphenol, these structures are significantly optimized and costs are saved. In addition to data transmission via Ethernet, the simultaneous power supply of the end devices via Power over Data Line (PoDL) is possible.
Until now, two copper pairs were required for Fast Ethernet (100 MB) or four copper pairs for Gigabit Ethernet. Amphenol's SPE connectors open up completely new possibilities and areas of application for Industrial Ethernet, especially in automation and railroad technology. The miniaturized SPE standard interface for industrial applications can efficiently reach every sensor and actuator in the field in combination with slim SPE cables.
The most important parameters at a glance:
- Full compatibility with IEC 63171-6 connections from other authorized suppliers ensures future compatibility and investment security
- Single-pair cables reduce cost, weight, and space requirements compared to 2- and 4-pair cables
- Mechanically robust and secure interlock with 360° shielding for superior performance in harsh environments
- Field-terminable IDC connectors provide installation flexibility
- SPE eliminates the need for costly protocol conversion gateways
For more information about the IEC 63171-6-compliant Single Pair Ethernet-connectors of Amphenol and a direct ordering option, please visit our e-commerce platform at www.rutronik24.com.
Mariarita Novelli | Corporate Product Manager Connectors | +49 7231 801 4605 | firstname.lastname@example.org